It’s extremely important to keep your dog/s healthy and happy throughout their life. Many people don’t actively take action towards their pets’ health, but there are certain things that you need to ensure you’re doing for your dog to keep their health maintained. This article will outline a few steps you can take towards your dogs’ health.
As soon as you get a new pup, ensure you take them to the Vet straight away just to get them checked out. This is important just to ensure you’re covering all bases. Make sure that your vaccinations are up-to-date. If your fur baby is on heartworm prevention, make sure to keep on schedule.
A healthy and balanced diet is also obviously extremely important; protein, healthy fats, carbs, vitamins, minerals, and water are all crucial. It’s important to buy your pooch the highest quality food that you can afford. Some of the benefits of good nutrition include:
- Promotes Heart Health
- Promotes Good Skeletal Health and Muscle Tone
- Decreases Risk of Certain Cancers
- Aids in Healthy Digestion
- Promotes Healthy Skin and Coat
- Increases Immunity
- Promotes Overall Well-Being and Longevity
Just like humans, dogs also need to exercise regularly. Exercise promotes mental and physical health for your pup. Daily walks, or park visits keep your pooch happy and in good shape. Regular exercise also ensures your pooch is maintaining a healthy weight. Benefits of daily exercise include:
- Strengthens the Heart, Circulation, And Lungs
- Promotes Healthy Digestion
- Promotes Good Muscle Tone
- Relieves Boredom Which Can Decrease Destructive Behavioural Issues Such as Chewing, Etc.
- Increases Your Pooches Happy Hormones
- Increases Self-Esteem
- Decreases Depression
- Decreases the Chances of Obesity
- Aids Weight Loss
- Decreases the Chance of Diabetes
- Decreases Risks of Certain Cancers
- Promotes Healthy Bones
As humans, we brush our teeth at least twice a day with special tooth paste to ensure we are keeping our mouth health maintained. Dogs also require regular dental care. Periodontal disease is extremely common among dogs; a gum disease dogs can contract if their teeth are not cared for.
Ensure you are aware of all of the things that can impact your pups health. It is crucial as a dog owner that you care for your pooch properly. Ensure to do regular vet visits, daily exercise and dental care and feed them a rich diet.